Table of contents
Top Resources for Busy Families and Home Managers in 2022
Perhaps never before has the home management resources been so important. Managing a home, taking care of a family, juggling multiple jobs, running errands and attending school or virtual classes, can all heavily weigh on a person’s mental, physical, and emotional well-being.
Navigating the crisis of 2020-21 in the midst of all this made the need for home management resources even greater as business saw closures and job losses, and kids had to quickly adapt to online learning. Everyone was searching for a few spare moments in the day where they can catch their breath and maintain some semblance of an organized life.
With 2021, the corona-crisis is still in full swing, and the need for home management resources remains both pressing and pertinent.
So, let us explore the best strategies, gadgets and technologies, popular apps, and most importantly, resources to help manage family and home obligations in 2022.
Easy Ways to Automate your Home Management Process
Home management can be complicated, but there are many options available to streamline and simplify this process. Here are a few ideas:
- Use Scheduling Apps to Remember your To-Dos: Android and iOS have some great app options like Google Calendar, Cozi Family Organizer, and Family Time that help families collaborate and manage tasks with ease, enabling everyone in the family to stay organized.
- Invest in a Smart Home Device: Smart home devices like Alexa, Google Home, and Siri are voice-assistant technologies that can access the internet and services like music, reminders, lights, and locks with just your voice. These are especially helpful for busy professionals and parents who don’t have time to manually control lights, thermostats, electronic door bells, and so on.
- Use Technology to Keep Kids Entertained: Kids are increasingly tech-savvy, finding innovative ways to connect with their friends and engage with their favorite activities. You can invest in a gaming console or tablet with educational apps, a streaming service to watch preferred shows, or even online classes to help hone their skills.
Affordable Home Management Resources
Managing a home can be expensive when you add up necessary items such as groceries, pantry stocking, additional furniture and gadgets, insurance, and more. However, you can use the following resources to stay within your budget:
- The library: Your local library is a treasure-trove of books, DVDs, and magazines, and sometimes also offers internet access, making it your go-to destination for entertainment and references at no cost whatsoever.
- Discount Stores: Discount stores like Dollar Tree and Family Dollar offer a wide range of products, including kitchen and household items at much lower prices. You can buy items like cups, plates, cleaning supplies, labels, and stickers at these affordable stores.
- Find Coupons Online: You can often find online coupons at websites like Coupon.com, RetailmeNot and Asave, which can severely bring down the cost of groceries and household items.
Finding the Right Balance Through Supportive Resources
Home and family management can be a lot to take on, but with the right resources, making it a little easier is simple. Staying organized, taking advantage of the right technologies, remaining within your budget and employing special resources for difficult periods, can be helpful for managing a home and family in 2022.
It’s important to remember that it is alright to reach out for help from time to time. There are several resources such as support groups, hotlines, and counseling services available to help families manage difficult periods. Don’t hesitate to use these support systems if you need to, as talking to an expert can often provide more positive results.
Staying up to date with the latest trends in home management and the recent resources available for family and home management is key to making sure you don’t miss an opportunity to streamline your daily routine or meet the needs of your family. In 2021, you can use the strategies and tools mentioned above to make your life a little easier.